Monday, January 3, 2011

Fundraising Night for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Thursday night was a huge success! Thanks to all of you who came out to support us! Together, the three of us raised $1,410 for LLS in 2 hours. I am also happy to announce that I have reached my fundraising goal! I never imagined that I would be able to reach it so quickly, but thanks to everyone's donations and cupcake orders, I was able to finish 3 months early. When I first decided to start accepting cupcake orders as a way to fundraise, my goal was 50 dozens, and even then I had no idea whether I would actually be able to get that many. Through selling cupcakes at work, three holiday bake-a-thons, and decorative cupcake orders, I have filled 67 (and counting) cupcake orders with all proceeds being donated to LLS. Although I have reached my fundraising goal,  I will continue taking orders and donations as a way to raise funds for my bike and to help out my best friend and teammate who is also raising funds for LLS. 


I encourage everyone to read up on where exactly all this money is going! Both Team in Training and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society are amazing organizations that I am extremely proud to be apart of. TNT is able to keep their overhead, maintenance, and training costs under 25%, so 75% of all donations are going directly to blood cancer patients, their families and RESEARCH. This is a high and remarkable percentage for a non-profit organization. Research is a crucial part to the society's mission and the most important factor in finding a cure. Research funded by LLS has led to advances in patient treatment and to medications that are saving lives- there are teammates on my team who are alive today because of the medications funded by LLS and TNT participants.  For more info please visit:



1 comment:

  1. I feel so blessed to be one of your best friends, you are truly a remarkable person with great talent. So proud of you for reaching your goal so soon! <3 you

    ReplyDelete