Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Butterflies and Bees

I like to give these cupcakes most of the credit for inspiring me to practice my cupcake decorating. This is one of the first designs that caught my eye while browsing endless baking blogs; as soon as I saw them I knew I had to bake them for Miss Serena Sedillo; anyone who knows Serena knows why. I had this recipe in the back of mind for a good 6 months, so when June 23rd came around I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen and give them a try. Another interesting fact about Serena is she tends to get a little more spoiled by me on her birthday than my other friends. There is, however, good and completey fair reasoning behind this... Serena's birthday takes place around the time I'm ready to get summer started by vacationing. I beleive I've missed the past three birthdays? but I ALWAYS deliver presents and celebratioins before my departures, so I think (and hope) I make up for it.

My little cousin Natalie is a little lady after my own heart; the girl loves cupcakes just as much as I do! When I was asked to supply cupcakes for her 5th Birthday by my uber cool older cousin, Alyssa (I just realized you are my only older first cousin), how could I say no? And to make matters even cuter, she was having a garden tea party. I, of course, had to make butterflies but this time add in some bumblebees as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment